Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Samaritan's Purse
Samaritan’s Purse aircraft based in Eldoret provide support to our work in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and other countries. Roads into the areas where we work, if they exist at all, are rough to say the least during the dry season and impassable during the rainy season. In addition, significant security concerns-related to a bloody civil conflict-make some roads unsafe at any time. That’s why aviation is so important to our mission.
Pilots may be assigned to more than one aircraft type. Additionally, for programs such as East Africa, current base location(s) should not be assumed to be final; flexibility may be required. Incumbent will perform the following duties.
NOTE: Due to Kenya worker regulations, Kenya residents are preferred for this position.
1. Ability to obtain a first class medical and maintain at least a second class medical certificate and valid pilot's license (commercial minimum).
2. Performs pilot duties as needed or assigned.
3. Files flight plans as needed or assigned.
4. Obtains weather data and interprets data based on flight plan.
5. Completes aircraft weight and balances for flights.
6. Loads and unloads passenger's luggage and cargo in aircraft.
7. Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
8. Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
9. Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of SP hangar and property.
10. Performs pre-flights and post-flights to ensure safety of flight.
11. Works with the FAA as assigned.
12. Represents Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
13. Assists with office duties and other duties as assigned.
14. Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time. Personnel should anticipate many of the locations being austere with few amenities. Showers, a hot meal, and even a bed may not be available. Sleeping in the aircraft may at times be required.
15. Be willing and comfortable working in remote environments, with little support structure, often in unstable areas or war zones.
16. When humanitarian crisis arise, it may be necessary to temporarily deploy away from the home base for several weeks, and even up to 30 days at a time.
17. Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
18. Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
19. Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Competitive Salary with Full Benefit Package
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)