Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate UX Designer
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Reporting to the User Experience Lead and working closely with the Digital Banking, Marketing and Experience team, the UX Designer will be responsible for wireframes, rapid prototyping and UX design for Webster Bank digital properties.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Create wireframes, UI designs and functional prototypes for internal and external user testing
- Demonstrate the ability to compose cutting-edge concepts on a wide range of projects from websites to mobile applications and complex business systems
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, project parameters, and be able to creatively problem solve
- Help with all aspects of design production, including presentations, taking projects from concept to completion
- Illustrating design ideas using wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows.
- Develop personas and usage scenarios.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Ensure production work is completed to the highest standards and that the accuracy and timelines of all launches are met
- Perform production tasks directly or working with team members and/or vendor developers to complete the work
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related UX degree, or 1-3 years of experience.
- Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on visual and UX solutions
- Ability to conceptualize and rapidly prototype creative concepts is a must
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, InVision, Adobe XD, Axure RP, Balsamiq, Moqups, etc.
- Understanding of interaction design, and designing intuitive user interfaces and navigation for mobile and web
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience writing both
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot, adapt and pick up new techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with both senior and junior staff
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.