Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Auditor performs internal audits and external audit direct assistance projects under the direction of the Audit Manager, with guidance from Supervisors and/or Senior Auditors. Areas of focus include Finance (Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning, Procurement) Commercial Banking and Human Resources, with periodic rotations to other internal audit teams.
- Identify risks and controls in business processes.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and instances of non-compliance.
- Develop recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare detailed audit documentation.
- Continuously improve technical auditing and banking industry expertise.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors.
- Contribute to the department's strategic initiatives.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills.
- At least two(2) years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and IDEA (or equivalent data analytics tools).
- CPA or other relevant certification preferred; plans to obtain (one or more of) CPA, CFA, FRM, CIA required.
- Technical skillset and/or interest in credit risk analysis and financial modeling preferred.