Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Understands and follows Collection Policies and Procedures of the bank.
- Telephones delinquent mortgage and consumer loan customers. Works constructively with the delinquent customers to ultimately cure the delinquent accounts.
- Maintains and documents accurate collection records via the On-Line Collection System.
- Advises and recommends to supervisor the proper action to be taken to cure a delinquent.
- Institutes skip traces and keeps accurate records of same as necessary.
- Recognizes and takes the necessary action required to prepare an account for foreclosure, as directed to Management.
- Adheres to the collection requirements of Investors to whom we have sold and continue to service loans. Acts prudently and monitors these accounts as required.
- Adheres to the collection practices of PMI companies.
- Understands and utilizes all methods, techniques and resources available for loan workout and/or loss mitigation, ensuring adherence to internal, investor and MI policy and procedures.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or Management.
A) Education - Please check all of the following that apply to this job:
High School / GED required.
Some college preferred - Please specify number of years / course of study : Business Courses
2 -- 4 years of related Collection Mortgage and/or Consumer Loan Collections Experience
C) Job Skills / Knowledge:
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Computer Literate (PC Input, data entry, etc.).
Microsoft Word Processing and Excel
Residential and Consumer product knowledge.
Good Loan Servicing knowledge (Investor, Escrow, Payoff, Cashiering, ARM)
Good mathematics skills.
Good organizational and documentation skills.
Good negotiating skills.
Ability to work independently.
Knowledge of CHFA/FHA/FNMA/FHLMC Loss Mitigation requirements.