Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
185 Asylum Street-HF215
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Sales support position assigned to a specific team within T&PS. Responsible for assisting Sales teammates (TSO) with revenue growth and client retention activities including proposal/presentation creation and other business development functions. May accompany sales officers on client calls. Could include significant phone time required to help with pre-call planning and sales support and for sales presentation (via webinars). Position will be responsible for varying portfolios in Treasury Management.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with the development of proposals and sales presentations to support the efforts of the assigned Sales team. Also responsible for pro forma statements, cash flow diagrams, treasury reviews, and other information to assist in the sales process. This includes researching customer relationships in the bank, service areas and other processing units.
- Assist in the identification of new business opportunities and cross sell. Responsible for assisting assigned sales officers with overall success and achieving business development goals. Identify cross-sell opportunities using data-mining techniques; participate in regional marketing events / treasury road shows and related follow up activities.
- Active involvement in the sales process including pre and post sale activities. Participates as needed, in joint calls as well as pre-call plan and call debrief sessions. Client retention efforts include major problem resolution and LOB/Operations liaison to ensure client satisfaction. As applicable, provide input to and reporting from OneTouch.
- Establish and foster partnerships with Sales teammates, LOB partners or other T&PS partners (e.g. product management, service/implementation areas, analytics team, etc). Use of Internal tools such as analysis statements, checking statements, CRM systems etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Requires good understanding of products, services and sales campaigns.
- Strong sales acumen
- Excellent writing and communication skills, organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to manage competing deliverables and establish priorities are all critical to success.
- Requires ability to partner with internal teammates and external clients for a positive sales outcome.
- Individuals must learn and ultimately master treasury concepts and principles at an accelerated rate. Learning will be accomplished through formal product training, self-study, and on-the-job experience. Providing consultative sales support delivered through product demo's, webinars, planning and supporting events e.g. Fraud Awareness Seminars, presentations and supporting the TSO with various customer consultative sales tools.